The YMCA of Brisbane is guided to achieve their mission by the following Christian values:
- The dignity and intrinsic worth of all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or beliefs.
- The whole person, consisting of a body, a mind and a spirit each of which is of equal importance.
- Healthy communities based on relationships between people which are characterised by love, understanding, mutual respect and a sense of belonging.
- Equality of opportunity and justice for all people.
- The diversity of people, communities and nations.
- Acceptance of personal responsibility.